Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2023

The Worst Five Years: Year 5


Year 5: CoVID. 

But not only did I have to deal with CoVID just like the rest of the world. But CoVID as a nurse who had decided to try out the ER and ICU starting a month before the pandemic reached the US. A nurse who picked up an extra shift a week to help out a hospital that was in dire need. A nurse who was suddenly back to homeschooling two kids, but this time teens and pre-teens. Quite a jump from when I had stopped homeschooling my 1st grader and preschooler to go to nursing school. Dealing with CoVID while working in a hospital when I was already coming into it with severe anxiety just about killed me. I can remember standing in the ER and just feeling terrified of everything. Terrified of getting sick. Terrified of bringing sickness home to my family. Work was scary. Public was scary. Home was scary. We couldn't buy basic items for daily living. I felt like we were transported back in time to times of war and rationing. I became somewhat obsessed with trying to save money and grow our own food. Except my executive functioning was completely tapped out by all the stress and anxiety. 




No comments:

Post a Comment